Currently, nationwide the majority of physicians use traditional non-medical answering services to provide nights and weekend patient call support. However, these services do little more than postpone physician callback. The burden of responding to each call still rests with the physician. Unity Health Network’s proprietary triage service provides continuity and consistency for the patient, a high degree of call relief for the doctor, and enhanced levels of quality and satisfaction for the patient.
Our clinical team of trained Registered Nurses are the front line for all of our patients with off-hours needs and questions. After a complete telephonic assessment, a nurse recommends the most appropriate course of action, following industry-established and proprietary guidelines to ensure patients get the right level of care at the right time.
This approach has many benefits, including:
- Avoidance of costly, unneeded visits to the ER
- Connect Unity Health Network patients to a nurse in under 60 seconds
- Helps patients get to the right care at the right time at the right place
- Helps patients make informed healthcare decisions
- Promotes wise use of healthcare resources and benefits